- Communicating With Impaired Elderly Persons
Communication with a impaired person can be a difficult and frustrating task, but good communication skills can prevent catastrophic reactions. In dealing with persons it is important to listen, speak clearly and slowly and use non-verbal communication (body language) to help convey your message. The following article includes tips for communicating
- Nassau County Department of Senior Citizen Affairs
NASSAU COUNTY OFFICE FOR THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED serves as an advocate and liaison for people with disabilities and is responsible for ensuring Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance. It promotes equal access in education, employment, transportation, recreation, and consumerism in the private sector, and develops public awareness through referral services, conferences, and dissemination of literature
- Hearing Health and Alzheimer 's Disease | November 2001 | The Hearing...
The Hearing Review and Hearing Review Products is the single-stop web site for the hearing industry. It brings users the latest news, product developments, and legal and regulatory updates. Subjects include coverage of industry trends, developments in instruments, patient counseling, industry events and education.
- Understanding Hearing Loss For Seniors
Go60.Com is a no-nonsense, yet caring and compassionate internet destination devoted to helping seniors improve with age.
- Consumer Resource Directory - Community Services Resources
TSA's online Consumer Resource Directory. There are three easy ways to find the services you're looking for or might like to consider
- Treating Hearing Loss Important for Alzheimer 's and Dimentia
there is also compelling evidence to suggest a link between a hearing loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s, both which are degenerative diseases that lead to progressive memory loss in the elderly.
- "How a Hearing Impaired Phone Can Help Grandma
A hearing impaired phone has a lot of advantages to those elderly who have trouble hearing or even those who are non-seniors who have hearing problems. It allows them to communicate their thoughts to both the hearing and hearing impaired world effectively."
- Talking To The Sight Or Hearing Impaired
Suggestions that may help you and your loved one communicate more effectively.
- Seniors -- Alzheimer 's Disease
Common Senior Health Issues
- Senior Health Report: Health News for Seniors About Alzheimers
Senior Health Report is produced by the staff of Medical Week News , publisher of specialized online consumer health newsletters.
- Deaf/Hearing Impaired Services
Hearing Speech & Deaf Center of Greater Cincinnati
- Device that produces tiny skull vibrations a big help for hearing...
this system of conducting sound through skull bone is a big boost to people who are deaf in one ear and can’t be helped by hearing aids or cochlear implants.
- Alzheimer's caregivers: if he or she has a hearing problem
Tips for Communicating With the Hearing Impaired
- HEARING TESTS, WOMEN AND ALZHEIMER'S
research on those with Alzheimer's disease also revealed the benefits of treating hearing loss among caregivers.
- Alzheimer's, Hearing Problems May Mimic Each Other
Alzheimer’s and untreated hearing impairment have signs and symptoms that are similar
- Wireless TV Amplifier from Clarity Helps Hearing Impaired Folks Enjoy Television Again
Study Showed That 75% of People Who Experience a Hearing Loss Find It Difficult to Enjoy Television
- Alzheimer's Made Worse By Uncorrected Hearing Loss: The Inside Story
From the archives of Hearing Health Magazine: Alzheimer's Tidal Wave A Hearing Connection?
- Phone Strobe Flasher
A very useful device for the hearing impaired and helps those with minor hearing loss to avoid having to set the phone volume so loud.
- Amplified Telephones, In-Line Amplifiers, Phone Ringers, Personal Amplifiers, TV Listening Systems, Tour Systems, Alarm Clocks, Travel Clocks, Watches and TTYs.
products which can be used by caregivers to assist in caring for individuals with Alzheimers.
- Family Caregivers Communication Class; Talking with Hearing Impaired Aging Parents
valuable tips about communicating with seniors who have hearing loss.
- Related Searches for hearing impaired seniors alzheimer
- Attention Control Systems, Inc.
Hearing & Communication Aids
Software and equipment for hearing- or speech-impaired people.
- Alzheimers Clocks
Alzheimers Clocks specially designed for easy viewing, day and date.
- a way to ease the symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's
as easy as having the patient's hearing tested.
- Treating Hearing Loss
Important for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Remember Me? A Guide to Alzheimer's Disease and Hearing Loss
- Undiagnosed Pre-Existing Hearing Loss in Alzheimers Disease Patients?
- Hearing aids: How to choose the right one
- Hearing Aids -Products to assist individuals with impaired hearing or anyone who needs extra help hearing in this noisy world. At Independent Living Source carries a wide variety of products for anyone who may benefit from the latest technology in amplified phones from corded to cordless to vibrating alarm clocks and bed shakers
- National Program Launched to Help Low-Income Get Hearing Aids