- Who will be providing oversight?
- Who will conduct the background search to make sure this person does not have a criminal past?
- What happens if this person gets injured on the job? Are YOU willing
to pay for workers comp insurance so the person does not try to sue you
or your loved one if injured while caregiving?
- Will you document the care for tax reasons? Bills can add up quickly
and can make a big difference during tax time if you can write off the
expenses, or not write them off if you are not tracking expenses.
- What about other insurance and bonds to protect your loved one that is provided by reputable agencies.
- Again- not all agencies have these protections in place, make sure you do your due diligence!
ABOUT NON-AGENCY CAREGIVERS